What is Being Done About Ozone by the State and County?
- Cleaner-burning gasoline, specifically designed to reduce gas vapors, is sold in the Valley area during the summer months.
- Vapor recovery systems on gasoline nozzles reduce emissions of gasoline vapors from the pump to your car during refueling.
- Components of the Vehicle Emissions Inspection Program (I/M147) reduce ozone pollution.
- The Voluntary Vehicle Repair and Retrofit Program allows for the installation of an emission upgrade kit to reduce exhaust emissions.
- Clean Air educational initiatives from the state, county and cities are teaching people about ozone pollution. They encourage less driving and adopting other pollution-reducing strategies.
- Maricopa County’s Travel Reduction Program requires Valley employers with 50+ employees to encourage their employees to carpool.
Sign up for the High Pollution Advisory (HPA) Text or Email Alerts