Earth Day is the annual celebration of the environment and Clean Air Make More is urging everyone in Maricopa County, from residents to businesses, to take small, simple actions to help create a healthier planet for us all. Each one of us has to do our part to reduce air pollution – small changes can make a big difference.
Clean Air Make More wants to remind you that it is Summer Ozone Pollution season in the Valley of the Sun, but there are simple things you can do each day that will help reduce pollution and clean the air you breathe. Join us in showing your support on Earth Day and commit to do at least one of the following:
- If you haven’t already, convert the light bulbs in your house to compact fluorescent lights (CFL) – it’s a great way to save the planet and money!
- Conserve electricity! Turn off appliances and lights when you leave the room or unplug unused appliances.
- If you plan on doing a load of laundry, wash your clothes with cold or warm water only.
In the Car
- Drive less. Plan to carpool, ride the bus or take the METRO light rail on Thursday to show your support for the Earth.
- Avoid waiting in long drive-thru lines at the bank, the pharmacy or when grabbing lunch. Park your car and go inside.
- Refuel your vehicle after dark or during cooler evening hours.
For Your Health
- Download the Clean Air Make More Desktop Widget for real time updates about the air quality in Maricopa County.
- Encourage your friends, relatives, coworkers and neighbors to Make the Clean Air Commitment and be a Clean Air Champion and lead by example.
If everyone takes one step, together we can make a significant difference in Maricopa County’s air quality just by making simple changes to our daily lives.