Up in the Air: an Air Pollution Education Program for Kindergarten through 5th Grade will be available in 2016.
Our program provides elementary educators with two units of inquiry-based, hands-on air pollution lessons for grades K-2 and 3-5.
Each lesson Includes:
- Goals and objectives aligned to current Arizona academic standards for science, English/language arts, math and social studies
- Essential questions to focus student learning
- Key vocabulary
- Detailed instructions for each investigation
- Blackline masters for all lab sheets and assessments
- Links to websites, videos and other online tools
- Digital lessons for interactive SMART boards
Become a part of our pilot program!
We are looking for educators to teach one unit of six lessons and give us feedback. We will provide all the hands-on materials needed at no cost.
Pilot program begins spring 2016. Contact Education Outreach Coordinator: JennyFrank@mail.maricopa.gov ; 602-506-6355.