The mulch fire located at 8750 N Dysart Rd has no visible flames, but some isolated smoldering/hot patches are still being worked. No visible smoke was observed leaving the boundary of the facility.
This will be the last update unless there are unanticipated negative developments.
Updated June 24, 2016 at 4:30pm
There is currently a mulch fire in the Southwest valley. The mulch fire is located at 8750 N Dysart Rd, between Dysart Rd and W. Butler Drive. The Maricopa County Air Quality Department has staff on-site.
If smoke seems to be affecting you or your family please consider some of the following actions:
- If you smell smoke and/or are beginning to experience symptoms, consider temporarily locating to another area as long as it is safe for you to do so.
- Move indoors and stay there with doors and windows closed.
- Run the air conditioning, the fan feature on your home heating system with the heat turned off. The filtration systems on home systems can provide some benefit.
- Run room air filtration units.
- Reduce your physical activity level. Do not exercise.
For more health information, visit the Maricopa County Department of Public Health Smoke Safety website
This message will be updated as new information is received.
Updated June 22, 2016 at 11:30am